Monday, November 23, 2009

Trojan Vundo Removal and Solution

Trojan Vundo Removal
I tried a number of programs, including HijackThis, Trend's online virus scanner, Panda Software's online virus scanner, Symantec's FixVundo.exe and manual instructions and nothing worked! I thought I had it when I ran SpyBot Search and Destroy's software, but it only discovered 4 occurrences of the Vundo when actually there were 6.

Out of all the programs, only Adware Alerts spyware & adware detector and destroyer was able to detect all the infected files! The online virus scan site is located at:
Adware Alert and is a new free services designed to help you detect and keep your computer clean. It's very cool, speeds up your pc and is worth checking out!

Having a full list of objects infected with trojan Vundo, I compared them to the ones discovered by the other antispyware packages and was left with two. Those two
infected objects pointed to c:\windows\help\mui\accas.dll I should note here that Microsoft's Windows Defender was unable to remove the files or detect all infected files.

Trojan Vundo Solution
I found the solution by inserting a Windows XP CD into the drive and booting from it. I then chose the repair option which landed me at a command prompt. From here, I navigated to c:\windows\help\mui\accas.dll and renamed the file. Commands: c: cd\windows\help\mui ren accas.dll accas.old I then rebooted the computer and used Windows Defender to remove the remaining files infected by Vundo which in the end was an easy solution, but nowhere to be found!

I hope this works for you as well and if not, perhaps the process of finding a solution to Vundo will help. If your having problems getting rid of Trojan Vundo
from your Pc, get Adware Alert free Scan and wipe your pc or laptop clean of this nasty virus Adware Alert.

No comments:

Post a Comment